Saturday, May 5, 2012

Mariano: 'I'm not going down like this'


Mariano Rivera
yankees.com:  KANSAS CITY -- Hold the music on "Exit Sandman." Mariano Rivera's right knee injury may be season-ending, but he vows it will not end his career.
Rivera, the game's all-time saves leader, tore the anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus in his right knee on Thursday. He said on Friday that he plans to do everything in his power to come back for another season.
"I'm coming back," Rivera said. "Write it down in big letters. I'm not going down like this. God willing and given the strength, I'm coming back." By Bryan Hoch / MLB.com
Jasper's thoughts:  "I think that is really tough for both the Yankees and Mo.  I have tremendous respect for Mariano Rivera, and I am sad to see his season end like this."

No comments:

Post a Comment